The German Embassy in Nouakchott offers the
following positionfrom 01 April 2017
in political, press, cultural, economic and
The assistant performs multi-functional tasks, which requires to be
active in various areas on a daily basis and to respond with flexibility to the
respective work load. As a rule, he/ she
will collaborate with an expatriate German colleague.
Current political developments need to be observed, including participation
in various events, if necessary.
On a daily basis, written and online press in Mauretania needs to be
evaluated and summarized.
At the consular section, clients at the counter need to be addressed and
visa applications to be handled.
Cultural projects need to be taken care of and requests concerningeconomic matters to be answered. We
expect the assistant to maintain contacts to business representatives in
have the following qualifications:
- completed university studies
- professional experience in
working in an office
- sufficient knowledge of the political landscape in Mauritania
- eloquence and fluency in language and politeness in dealing with our
- good computer skills and willingness to develop professional skills
- language skills: German or
English, as well as French and Arabic